In the sleepy coastal town of Sandpoint, evil is brewing. An attack by crazed goblins reveals the shadows of a forgotten past returning to threaten the town - and perhaps all of Varisia. The Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path begins with this goblin raid and takes players on an epic journey through the land of Varisia as they track a cult of serial killers, fight backwoods ogres, stop an advancing army of stone giants, delve into ancient dungeons, and finally face off against a wizard-king in his ancient mountaintop city. This compilation updates the fan-favorite campaign to the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game rules with revised and new content in more than 400 pages packed with mayhem, excitement, and adventure!
Revised and updated 5 years after its original publication, this new edition expands the original campaign with new options and refined encounters throughout, incorporating years of community feedback!
Inside, you'll find:
• All six chapters of the original Adventure Path, expanded and updated for use with the First Edition of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.
• Articles on the major locations of Rise of the Runelords: sleepy Sandpoint, the ancient Thassilonian city of Xin-Shalast, and others.
• Revelations on the sinister magic of Thassilon, with updated spells, magic items, and details on tracking sin points throughout the campaign.
• A bestiary featuring eight monsters updated from the original Adventure Path, plus an all-new terror.
• Dozens of new illustrations, never-before-seen characters, location maps, and more!